WE? Why aren’t WE posting? Since when do you do anything around here, Blog?
I have 20 people coming over in two days. I have COOKING to do! I have to make stuffing! and pies! and… well, honestly, Blog, I don’t have time for you today. Just this once, couldn’t you help out a little bit?
Well, THANK YOU for all of that, Blog.
THE RECIPE: SWEET POTATO PECAN PIE
(adapted from Paul Prudhomme)
Your own favorite recipe, or use Paul Prudhomme’s.
Sweet Potato Filling:
2 to 3 sweet potatoes, or enough to yield 1 cup cooked (baked or microwaved) pulp
1/4 cup, packed, brown sugar
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Pecan Pie Filling:
¾ cup brown sugar
¾ dark corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups pecans
- Place and arrange pie dough in a deep pie dish (1½”) or cake pan. Refrigerate.
- For sweet potato filling: combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until batter is smooth. Do not overbeat. Set aside.
- For pecan pie filling: combine all ingredients except pecans and mix thoroughly until the syrup is opaque. Stir in pecans and set aside.
- To assemble: spoon the sweet potato filling into the pie dough. Pour the pecan filling on top. Bake at 325∘until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1¾ hours.
- Cool and serve with barely sweetened whipped cream.